It’s fish week for me and I’m tired for the standard Lemon Pepper flavor. I purchased a bag of catfish from our local Sam’s Club. Cynthia was researching the Keto lifestyle and suggested that I look at using an ingredient that I never would have thought about using before.
Fried Pork Skins!
- 1/2 cup of finely ground pork rinds
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
- salt/pepper/cayenne/garlic powder… your favorite seasonings
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- Thaw the fish per package directions.
- Use a food processor or mortar and pestle to finely ground the pork rinds into a powder. (If the pieces are too big they won’t stick to the fish.)
- In one bowl, thoroughly mix the pork rind powder with the parmesan and whatever spices you’ve chosen.
- In a second bowl, whisk the egg and heavy cream.
- Thoroughly coat the fish in the egg mixture on all sides, then thoroughly coat it in the pork rind/cheese mixture.
- Place on a baking pan and bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes or follow the package directions.