Thanks to one or more of my Facebook friends, I just had to save and try this recipe since it looked so amazing. The one problem is that it will take me a week to eat it all. I’ll have to see how it microwaves. With the LabBand, if it gets too tough then it will not go through the band and make me sick.
A few notes and things that I did differently:
- I did not have any avocado oil, so I used Extra Virgin Olive Oil instead.
- I cheated on the chicken and bought my favorite pre-sliced chicken since it was on sale at Sam’s in a 2 pack. I sliced it even smaller so, I would not have to cut it further for it to fit with my LapBand.
- When cooking the Spaghetti Squash, I followed the directions below and some of the squash was not done. I highly recommend coating the inside of the squash with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a little salt and pepper.
Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Spaghetti Squash with Chicken
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings
- 1 small-medium spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite sized pieces
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1 jar marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut the spaghetti squash in half, scoop out the seeds, and place it shell side up on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and reduce the temperature to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, heat your oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes. Season your chicken with salt and pepper and add it to the skillet.
- Sauté until the chicken is cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the spinach and artichokes and sauté another 1-2 minutes until the spinach is wilted. Remove from heat.
- Transfer the chicken mixture to a large bowl. Scrape out the spaghetti squash strands and add them to the bowl with the chicken. Mix well and add the parmesan cheese and cream cheese. Transfer this mixture back to the spaghetti squash shells on the baking sheet.
- Top each spaghetti squash with 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until heated through and cheese is melted, using your oven’s broiler for the last two minutes to brown the cheese. Enjoy!